Practical Herbology 101
Explore the Roots-and Leaves and Flowers-of Natural Health. Before the age of computers, herbalists were able to find plants growing in the wild and process them by hand for an effective remedy. With all the advances in technology and protocols, the essence of natural healing still lies in the effects of untainted plants on the human body.
The modern day herbalist has little knowledge of or the ability to make remedies by hand if necessary. Practical Herbology is designed to guide the student who wants to learn more details about the benefits of life-changing herbs in a manner that allows them to reap the benefits of that knowledge in any situation.
Knowing a specific herbal remedy for a specific condition is good, but only if you happen to have that remedy on hand. Knowing what an herb does in the body - and which others can bring about the same results - gives you the ability to use numerous options at any given time to assist the body.
This seminar is intended to empower and reassure the experienced herb user and novice alike with a deeper understanding of how herbs work and when to use them.
Practical Herbology 101 and 102 can be taken in any order. Each seminar covers in detail 23 of the most popular and effective herbs.
• Tips on identifying, growing, harvesting, wildcrafting and preserving healing plants
• Making and using tinctures, extracts, salves, fomentations, infusions, ointments and poultices.
• Touch, taste and smell easily grown or commonly found herbs
• Selecting the right remedy – a comprehensive guide to scores of common maladies, with appropriate preparations, dosages and formulas
• Understanding symptoms as “messengers”, and the body’s own healing efforts
• Learning how to support and manage symptoms
• Herbal Actions – the language of the herbalist’s art simplified
Nursing Contact Hours
Approved for 12 hours of Continuing Education for nurses.
Massage Therapy CEs
Approved for 13 NCBTMB CE hours. These courses are designed for Massage therapists' personal wellness and not to be performed on massage therapy clients. To do so requires additional certification.
Early Registration: $200.00
Standard Registration: $225.00
At the door: $250.00
Upcoming SeminarsClick the "Register" button to register for a seminar.
Location: Chambersburg, PA
Four Points By Sheraton-Chambersburg | Website